Author Topic: Can I replace my Lenonvo Thinkvantage Toolbox with PC Doctor Toolbox?  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Josef W

I have been using my Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox on my X61 for the last 6 years. It is simply an OEM installed PC-Doctor Toolbox program (version 6.0.5849.23 last updated Mar 2011). My extended Lenovo warranty and service support expired about 2 years ago and I would like to keep using a supported version of PC Doctor.

I can buy premium support from Lenovo, but having tried it (at $69 per query or 240 per year) I find it is next to useless.

I am using Windows Vista Business 32 bit Service Pack 2. I have replaced the Hard Drive with a 240 Gig Kingston Solid State drive and my computer still runs like a well oiled machine, sufficinet for all my current requirements.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Josef

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
You can absolutely use PC-Doctor Toolbox to replace your existing installation of Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox. Also, whenever the time comes to by a replacement for your current Lenovo, the software can be installed on the new computer and will continue to monitor for any hardware failures that may occur.

However, I would like to caution you that the only support that is included with the purchase of Toolbox is for the software itself. If you do have a non-software related question you are welcome to post it to the forums, and someone from the community will respond to the best of our ability with our personal thoughts on the matter.

I hope that this addresses your immediate concerns, but if need clarification or have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.