Author Topic: PC-Doctor in the notification area  (Read 2076 times)

Offline bluuto

Hello,

I just purchased PC-Doctor for Windows. Download went fine, installation went fine, used it to test & scan my system, everything was good, me happy. The issue I have is I shut my computer down for sleepy time and when I booted up this morning the doctor was missing from the notification area on the taskbar. Where'd he go? And how do I get 'im back? I don't even have an icon on my desktop. Whatzup wit dat? Oh yeah I'm running Win 8.1 (64).

Thank you,
bluuto

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi bluuto,

I am not certain what would have caused the icon to disappear from your toolbar, but I would first recommend following these steps to try and bring it back.

1. Right-click on a empty space on the Windows toolbar
   2. Click the Toolbars option
   3. Select the PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows option

Those instructions should bring back the Toolbox toolbar, and can also be used should you feel the need to remove it from the Windows toolbar. Also, our software doesn't create a desktop shortcut by default, but a key combination that I have found helpful on Windows 8 systems is to press the Windows Flag key and the letter 'S'. The key combo brings up the search bar, and if you start by typing the name of the program your looking for(like PC-Doctor), it makes it really easy to launch without going back to the "Start" menu.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if this doesn't bring back the icon.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.