Author Topic: Samsung laptop with screen dim  (Read 6852 times)

Offline acm77

hi
i have samsung rv510 laptop with very dim look, once connected to external screen shows well in desktop and if done with with pc doctor diagnostic software shows no problem at all. i have tried to increase the bright but gain nothing even a bit.

so what is the problem ? & how can it be solved?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
While we I can't say for certain what is causing your issue, it sounds like it may possibly be with the monitor. Though a quick search around the web for that system has shown that problems with the motherboard could also cause issues with the display.

Sorry I can't give you a definitive cause of your issue, but good luck and hopefully you will figure it out soon.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help with our product.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline colinc

• Administrator
The fact that it displays to an external monitor fine suggests that the video display card is fine. From my experience, the issue is likely with the LCD/LED panel itself or the ribbon cable to the LCD/LED. However, a quick Google search on your issue contradicts my thoughts and suggests that it is likely a motherboard issue. So, given Kris' findings as well, I will go with motherboard too.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS and adjusting brightness or backlight settings in the BIOS? Not sure if you were doing that in the OS.

Something free to try: Remove the battery and AC power for 20 minutes, then press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. After this is complete, install the battery and connect AC power, then power on see what happens. This is supposed to perform a reset
To err is human... effective mayhem requires the root password.