Author Topic: PC Doctor non functional Windows 8  (Read 10086 times)

Offline AR

After upgrading to Windows 8 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T500, the OEM supplied Thinkvantage Toolbox (aka PC Doctor) became non functional. I purchased a copy of PC Doctor (as recommended by various links).

After installation of PC Doctor Ver 6.x, all I have is an icon on the task bar but no further functionality. Obviously, PC Doctor fails to launch. How do i fix that. Any help will be appreciated.

Offline AR

Slight correction to my earlier post. PC doctor does launch but then crashes with a message "PC Doctor Toolbox has stopped working". This is  64-bit installation on a 64-Bit OS.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Just as with the other thread, if you could send me the program files by following these steps:
  1. Open Run
     a. If not on the desktop, click the desktop icon
     b. Move the mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the desktop
     c. Right click to bring up menu options
     d. Click on the Run option
  2. Type "%programdata%" (Without the quotes)
  3. Right click on the "PCDr" folder
  4. Select "Send To"
  5. Select "Compressed(zipped) folder"
Once it has compressed the folder you can send it in to us via email, we will take a look at these files and attempt to find out why you are receiving this error.
Please let me know if the file is too large to email.

These files will allow us to look into what is causing the issue with your system.

I will send you a PM with the contact email to send your files. If you could also include any additional information you may have about your issue it will help us also.

Thanks,
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline AR

After days of troubleshooting (with help from support, including uninstall and re-installations) and getting nowhere, I am giving up.

Of particular concern is that i read somewhere in the forum that there are so many re-installation one can try, before the license gets construed as misuse & suspended. On top of that, upon every re install user has to re register the application with a new password. This whole process is circuitous and cumbersome.
I have uninstalled & asked for refund today. One wonders how cumbersome will that be.

Offline AR

Just an update for those following this thread,
The refund was indeed expeditious and without trouble.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I am sorry we weren't able to resolve your issue.

Just to keep everyone informed, we found that the issue was caused by a third party codec that was interfering with our product. Unfortunately as of yet we cannot say what codec was at fault but we will continue to research the issue for future versions of PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.