Author Topic: "Please" Insert MultiPurpose USB" Device!  (Read 16255 times)

Offline eztech205

the company i work for as a Technician just supplied me with PC Doctor ServiceCenter 6 but I cannot get it to run.  I have the USB "dongle" in a USB port but when I try to run the utilities from the CD it says that it cannot find it!  tried running the "Multipurpose USB Device restore tool" from the CD but I get this error: "No MultiPurpose USb devices were detected.  Insert Device.

have tried it on multiple PC's and get the same result, any ideas?

Offline Fuzzball

The dongle has three LEDs on the end, one red, one green, and one yellow. These LEDs can be off, solid on, flash slowly, or flash quickly.

When you insert the dongle what LED pattern do you see?

Does Windows recognize the device and mount a drive letter to the dongle?

Offline eztech205

the RED LED flash fasts for a second or two and then remains on.  Yes the O.S. recognizes the dongle and attaches a drive letter to it.

th4roct

Hi Eztech,

I had a few additional questions about the issue you are seeing:
1. Has the USB device ever worked properly in either DOS or Windows?
2. When Windows assigns it a drive letter, do you see any files on the USB device? 
3. The name for the device letter in Windows should be "PC_DOCTOR".  Do you see that?
4. This is probably a silly question, but have you tried this on multiple systems in XP?

I've worked with pretty much any issues we've had with this device and this is the first report like this I've heard about.  We'll get you fixed up!  Thank you for your patience.

Offline eztech205

i Eztech,

I had a few additional questions about the issue you are seeing:
1. Has the USB device ever worked properly in either DOS or Windows?
2. When Windows assigns it a drive letter, do you see any files on the USB device?
3. The name for the device letter in Windows should be "PC_DOCTOR".  Do you see that?
4. This is probably a silly question, but have you tried this on multiple systems in XP?

I've worked with pretty much any issues we've had with this device and this is the first report like this I've heard about.  We'll get you fixed up!  Thank you for your patience.

1.  No it has never worked
2.  No I see no files on the device
3.  No, the device has no name
4.  yes I have tried it on multiple systems with the same results

Offline EASYTECH1714

I also have had a similar experience.  The system recognizes the Multipurpose USB drive as a thumbdrive but does not show any data on it.  Also anytime I attempt to reimage the thumb drive using Service Center 6, I get an error stating No Multipurpose USB Devices were detected. Insert device.  This all started when I attempted to diangose a machine that was not booting and I kept getting a locking device error when attempting to run tests.  So I tried to run the program on a healthy machine to see if it was the machine or the PC-Doctor software/usb device.  It appears the usb multipurpose device was not properly formatted?  Just a guess.  Anyone have a remedy, I'm sure both of us would greatly appreciate it. 

Offline eztech205

Sent you a private message with regards to this.

THAT WAS EASY!  ;-)