Author Topic: Acer Post Code 94 - Shutdown condition 5  (Read 3122 times)

Offline clubhous

Using PC Doctor's PCI Post Card.  I get the error Acer Post Code 94 - Shutdown condition 5. This is on the 3.3 volt channel and displays 4.2 volts.  Can anyone elaborate what this post code and error is!  ???

Thanks in advance

Chris

Offline fwilson

clubhous,

I looked on the web and the Code 94 - Shutdown condition 5 and could not find much information on it. 

What is the Model of this system, older BIOS' may have a different meaning for 94.

The over voltage concerns me; it is certainly not within to +-10% tolerance.  If you have a spare power supply, plug it in and see if the problem continues.  It is conceivable that it is shutting itself down to protect itself.

Things I would try, new power supply, reset CMOS, reseat memory and switch sockets.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline clubhous

Fred,

Thanks for your input.
I couldn't find much on the web about it either.  It is and older system. I'll try updating the bios. I already tried switching out the power supply. Seems to be in the board.  Just was wondering what the error code actually meant.

Chris

Offline fwilson

Chris,

You're welcome, I wish I knew what it meant.  Unfortunately we are all dependant on what the manufacturer publishes.  I'll nose around some more and post something if I find out any more info.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts