Author Topic: Service Center 7.5 won't detect hard drive  (Read 2771 times)

Offline dac

Hi,

I have a working hard drive with xp home installed. Service Center does not recognize hard drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...DAC

Offline fwilson

dac,

Is this in DOS or Windows it is not recognized?
What type of system is it, i.e. make and model?

I have seen this happen in DOS on some AHCI or Raid systems and, of course, on systems with SCSI drives that require a driver.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline dac

Hi Fred,

It is in windows, a local company build, (Milwaukee PC), IDE drive, NTFS, win xp home sp3.

Thanks, DAC

Offline fwilson

dac,

That is very strange. 

To be clear, you are running this in Windows XP with Service center 7.5 installed on the hard drive.

If this is the case Please try booting from the USB Drive into DOS.  See if the hard drive appears there.

In the Windows build, click on the System Information tab then the Advanced View radio button then the floppy disk icon to save the system information file.

Go to http://www.pcdservicecenter.com/support.php at the bottom of the page fill out the tech support form as well as copy and paste the contents of the System information file you saved previously.

I will look into it and figure out what is going on.  ???

-Fred

Offline dac

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the help, but I had to return the computer to the client before you posted. Everything works properly on the computer..running a chkdsk was clean. If I get a chance, I will get the info off of it when I'm there again and send it to you. Thanks again for your time and efforts!

Sincerely, DAC

Offline fwilson