Author Topic: Computer runs slow  (Read 3252 times)

Offline koatler

My harddrive was completely full, and my computer was running very slow. My brother did a full harddrive wipe and cleared my harddrive, but my computer is still running slow. It used to go very fast when I bought it 4 years ago. Is there anything I can do to help this?

Offline fwilson

koatler,

This board is for PC-Doctor user support, not for general computer help.

You may be having a thermal problem.  A dust clogged CPU heat sink or dead fan.  Intel CPU based systems will throttle down their speed when they get to hot.  If it used to be fast but is now slow even after a complete OS re-install I would look there.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline koatler

Oh sorry about posting in the wrong section. But thanks for the reply anyway.

Offline fwilson

koatler,

You are welcome.

The point I was trying to make is that this is not the wrong section it is the wrong site.  This site is for help using the PC-Doctor suite of diagnostics software not for general computer help.

-Fred

Offline damudbug

Hey folks, if you are having "any" computer problems, try first the free downloas of P C Doctor. When you do you will do what I did. I had Kaspersky and it was very expensive and really messed up my computer. Sorry but it did. Once I tried the free version of P C Doctor, I bought the $39.95 version and now my computer is like a new puppy. It moves much faster and the DOC will give you a pop-up to warn you if you are about to visit a dangerous site. Follow the Doctor's order and block anything they recommend. You will do what I plan on doing. I will renew my version of P C Doctor next year when it comes around again. It is better than paying a P C repairman to fix your virus's. P C Doctor does it all for you. It can do a long scan or a short scan. Keep the updates regular daily and do what the Doctor tells you and you will be bug, virus ant trojan free. "Way to go P C Doctor. I am a happy paient!!"

Offline fwilson

damudbug,

You are confusing PC-Doctor, who we are, with PC-Tools (what you have).

PC-Doctor is the industry leading provider of Hardware Diagnostics software.  We do not provide anti virus, registry cleaner or other products of this type.

-Fred