Author Topic: Reports nost saved  (Read 4253 times)

Offline BEG289

Hello,
I have been trying to save a report without success
When asked: I reply to save it to C:
type the name of the report and press enter

Nothing gets printed,
what is it we can do

Ronald

Offline fwilson

BEG289

PCDR Dos will save to any fat16 partition.  The hard disk, if it has Windows on it is probably an NTFS partition and as such will not be recognized by DOS.  The C: drive you are saving logs to is most likely the RAM drive, which is where PC-Doctor Dos is run from and goes away on a reboot.

To save logs a USB flash drive or USB attachd floppy can be used on such systems.  Booting from the USB MUD is also a viable option.  It takes a little detective work to figgure out the drive assignments but they are usually assigned like this;
The boot device, CD or USB would be assigned drive A:, the next available Fat16 device C: and the ram drive either c: (if there are no valid partitions) or d: if there are.

I usually boot try to boot from the USB MUD and save the logs to there, on stubborn systems a USB attached floppy has always worked and they would be addressed as drive b:

-Fred

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline twojo6

I burnt a proper ISO file of PC Doctor for DOS, and have run all the tests successfully. Unfortunately, I don't know how to save the log.

>test.log is the file

I tried c:\test.log, but I don't see it on the c drive. Any ideas please.

Offline fwilson

twojo6,

Without a drive designation it will save it to the RAM drive. For persistant logs save them to the USB key (MUD).  On systems that don't enumerate USB keys in the BIOS, the floppy or a USB attached floppy always works.

You will need to find which drive the log device is mapped to, the easiest way is to exit PC-Doctor into DOS and look at them.  Then fire PC-Doctor back up and use the drive designation as part of the logfile name i.e. b:\testlog.log, c:\testlog.log etc.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts