Author Topic: Boot from Service Centre 6 CD  (Read 2641 times)

Offline mynach

Hi
I am new to the PC Doctor kit. Can I use just the service centre 6 cd to boot into DOS diagnostics.

I have tried this on a few machines and it keeps asking for the USB dongle but cant find it. No problem with the windows diagnostics.

All the manuals say you can boot from the CD. Just need to clear if it can boot from CD or not? If so mine is probably faulty then.

Thanks

Offline fwilson

Mynach,

The Service Center 6 CD is bootable and you have to have the MUD (Multipurpose USB Device) inserted in the system for it to work.  If the machine is capable of booting from a USB key the MUD is also bootable.

There are some legacy machines that will not recognize the MUD from BIOS / DOS.  In these cases please call sales and request a service center 5 CD for legacy systems.   This CD does not require a MUD.

On any system please check the BIOS settings for USB devices, if available allow booting from USB devices. This setting will usually turn on BIOS support for USB devices allowing the DOS product to access them.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline mynach

Hi  Fred. Thanks for the info and sorry for the delay in replying. I sent a tech question in regarding this and they answered promptly the same as you. Its just the literature is confusing in saying you can boot from the MUD or the CD. So I thought my CD was faulty, but it’s working as intended.

Thanks

Offline fwilson

mynach,

You're welcome.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts