Author Topic: Failed CMOS RTC IRQ Accuracy Test  (Read 1608 times)

Offline bigdog128

Hello all.  First time posting.  I cannot seem to find a manual for SC12.  I am running SC12, booting from the USB drive.  the only test that fails on this laptop is the CMOS RTC IRQ accuracy test.  I am wondering what that means and what anomalies I would normally see, based on the failure.  Thanks for any insights.  Jamie.

PCD_Christopher

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. The manual for Service Center can be found on the Multipurpose USB device itself.

From Windows: Once you plug in the MUD, open up File Explorer and click on the Service Center key in the right panel. This will open up the MUD directory where you will find a Documentation folder. The user guide will be located there in both HTML and PDF formats.

From the Bootable environment: You can click on the "Help" menu at the top of the user interface. this will reveal a drop-down menu where you can select the "User Guide" option. This will open a PDF viewer for you to view the manual in.

Regarding the RTC Accuracy test, see below:

"This test verifies the accuracy of the RTC on the motherboard and compares it to the CPU clock
to determine if the motherboard and CPU clock are too out of sync. This test will uncover problems with system time
updates, periodic interrupts, and alarm interrupts. If the test detects errors with the RTC accuracy, it will log as Failed
and report additional details in the test log."

The two most common reasons for this are either a CMOS battery is loosing power and needs replacement or, in dual boot configurations with Windows and Linux, conflicts can arise between the between the two operating systems due to the way they keep time.