Author Topic: Activation Error Message  (Read 1881 times)

Offline bob323

I have ordered two licenses of PC-Doctor for Windows - one on Jan 22, '16 (order PCD160108-5623-14108) and one on Feb 23, '16 (order PCD160223-3231-12180).  I installed the ... 14108 copy on my primary desktop but a few days later reinstalled it on my secondary desktop under the same email activation process as I followed when I initially installed it on my primary desktop.  Yesterday, I attempted to install the ... 12180 copy on my primary desktop (i.e., the one on which the ... 14108 copy was initially installed); however, I received an error code when I launched the product - i.e., "Your system configuration has changed too many times ... (Error 4)".  I need your help in resolving the issue please.  Net-net is that I have purchased two copies of the product - one for each of two pc's (primary and secondary) - and need for each of them to be activated.  The ... 14108 copy is running fine on my secondary desktop but now I need the ... 12180 copy activated for my primary desktop.  And by the way, before I attempted to load the ... 12180 version on my primary desktop, I uninstalled the ... 14108 version but that didn't help.  Sorry if this post is confusing but it's the best I could do!  Thx.

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi bob323,

In order to resolve the error 4 that you are seeing on your machine, please follow the steps below:

1. Open Run
   (For Windows 8 and Windows 10)
     a. If not on the desktop, click the desktop icon
     b. Move the mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the desktop
     c. Right click to bring up menu options
     d. Click on Run
   (For Windows 7)
     a. Click the Start Button
     b. Type Run in the Search box
     c. Click on Run
2. Type %ProgramData% (Including the %)
3. Open the "PCDr" folder
4. Open the folder "6554"
5. Delete the file named "rac.db"

You will then have to reactivate on this machine. When doing so, please ensure you are utilizing the key associated with the 12180 order. This should get you up and running. Please let me know if you run into any further issues or have additional questions, I would be happy to help you further.

Thanks,
Channing