Author Topic: Checking drivers with PC doctor DOS  (Read 1641 times)

Offline JJregular

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to check the hardware drivers installed on windows without booting the operating system. Is there somewhere in the PC doctor or service center USB that I can find drivers installed information? Like graphics driver, network port drivers, audio drivers, chipset. I used system information through SC and PCDR and it shows the name of the part but it doesnt show if I updated the drivers at all. Please let me know if this is possible. What I am looking for is a tool to check the drivers after I installed a OS and update the drivers. But I need to check it quick with DOS or bootable USB without booting the USB as the OS is in Out of Box Experience.

thank you

Offline PCD_Channing

Hello,

Unfortunately the driver information is not stored anywhere within the DOS diagnostics. Even if this information were accessible, it would only show the generic drivers that are used within the DOS environment. These generic drivers wouldn't be useful in giving you any information on whether they are up to date or not.

As far as the Bootable goes, the information on the device drivers will be whichever ones Linux uses for the Bootable environment. Again, this may not be helpful in your scenario since the drivers used will typically be different than those used within the OS.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to assist.

Thanks,
Channing

Offline JJregular

thank you for the reply PCD_Channing.