Author Topic: Attempting to run pcdr  (Read 1929 times)

Offline smokey1945

Hello all!
I'm new, just got here.  Any help would be appreciated. :)
I have a fairly new Dell which I recently upgraded to Windows 10.  And just a couple of days ago attempted to run the pcdoc and was unable to.  The error tells me that the "Common.dll" is missing and I should try reinstalling it ??? I had not tried to run it before so don't know if it worked ever.  I sure don't have any idea what a Common.dll is, nor where I would find one.

I did log on with The Geek Squad and they told me it will not as Windows 10 has notreleased an update to allow it to run yet. I want to make sure they are not telling me a big windy!  Any direction would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Smokey

Offline PCD_Sam

• PC-Doctor
Hello Smokey,

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issues with your software! Might I ask are you using SupportAssist (which is already installed on Dell systems) or our Toolbox product? IF you are using SupportAssist you may need to just install the latest version found here:

http://content.dellsupportcenter.com/updates/aulauncher.exe

If you are using Toolbox please let me know and I can send you the latest version of our software to run on Windows 10.

If this does not solve your problem please let me know and we can look into other reasons why your software is having issues.

Thanks!

-Sam
Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.

Offline smokey1945

Sam thank you so very much!  I think that you fixed my problem.  I downloaded that an now have Support Assist and it seems to work fine.  Before it said PC Doc under the Dell menu, now it says Support Assist under the Dell menu.
Again thank you very much!  You da man!!!
Smokey

Offline PCD_Sam

• PC-Doctor
Glad to hear it all worded out! Let us know if you need any other assistance!

-Sam
Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.