Author Topic: Custom Scripts Not Saving In Bootable SC9  (Read 2349 times)

Offline computeroverhauls

I'm using service center 9.5 and I use the bootable diagnostic.  I created a custom script which I saved the drive, I confirmed that it does save to the BIN folder before shutting down the system. However, every time I power off the computer and boot up again the 'saved' script has disappeared.  Shouldn't I be able to permanently save a script to be used in the Bootable diagnostics?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:38:20 am by computeroverhauls »

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hey computeroverhauls,

I apologize for the problems you have had trying to save your custom script, but if you save the script to the bin folder it will be erased when the environment closes. Unfortunately, anything not saved directly to the USB device (or other storage you may have connected) will be erased from memory when you leave Bootable Diagnostics.

In order to save a custom Bootable Diagnostics script for future use, you have to open the "scripts" folder in the "bin" directory and then save the file in the "usb_key" subdirectory.

I hope that this has answered your question, but please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
One more thing.

I noticed you edited your post, and removed your question about copying custom scripts from one key to another. Since I'm sure you will still run into that problem, I thought I should answer that as well.

Any scripts saved to the "usb_key" directory I mentioned before will automatically be saved to this directory (as seen in Windows):

E:\pcdoctor\sc_lin\scripts
(Change E: to match the drive letter of the USB device)

Again, please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.