Author Topic: PC-Doctor Toolbox not working on Vista  (Read 2324 times)

Offline norgaards

Hello,

I just bought PC Doctor Toolbox af having read on your web site that it supported windows versions from XP to Windows 10 - as Vista was launched later than XP I off course supposed that your software would work with Vista. I'm very disappointed. I have a hardware issue that I need to check before upgrading to a newer Windows version. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
John

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi John,

Toolbox is compatible with Windows Vista. What type of issues are you experiencing? Could you please provide some additional detail? I'd be happy to assist in getting the software up and running.

Thanks,
Channing

Offline norgaards

Hi Channing,

Thanks for responding. When I try to install it it returns: "PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows is not supported on this version of Microsoft Windows." I use Windows Vista Home Premium from 2006. I formatted my hard disk last week and reinstalled Windows. SP 1 and 2 has been installed as well, but to no avail.

Thanks
John

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi John,

Which version of the installer are you using? Would it be possible to obtain a screenshot of the error? I'd like to attempt to duplicate the issue in my test environment here.

Thanks,
Channing

Offline norgaards

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I simply forgot that I tried different compatibility modes and forgot to uncheck it - it was run in windows 95 mode - when I unchecked PC Doctor was installed successfully. Anyway, thanks for helping.

John