Author Topic: Re: Windows 8 PC Doctor  (Read 6229 times)

Offline Thomas K

Some has been said about the 'soon to be released' Windows 8, and the PC Doctor that will be built for that platform.

I really didn't think I'd have much use for Windows PE version of the PC Doctor, however (as is evidenced by another thread its become suddenly very useful) a concern I have, is with the new release that is due, Windows PE will no longer be an option.

Can I presume that the old, SC 7.9 version of the PC Doctor's Windows PE (v7) will still work on Windows 8 based machines?  Has the development team checked this at all?

Would PC Doctor, provide a set of instructions on 'how to build' our own Windows PE disk with PC Doctor for the Windows 8 PE license?  Hell I know its something I KNOW I would be interested in, customizing a CD with these tools for future version of windows.

Just a thought that came to mind.

Thomas

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Thomas,

I have passed on your questions/comments to some others in hopes of getting you some information.  Once I receive said information I will post it here for you.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Thomas,

Here is some of the information I received:

• •   SC8 will be launched before Win8 launches
  • •   WinPE will be available for the SC 8 release
  • •   SC7.9 for WinPE has no bearing on the OS installed to a HDD because WinPE runs outside of the OS
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline Thomas K

Thanks James,

I had a feeling that was the case with Windows PE, however, I get nervous whenever booting into another version of somethign when trying to 'repair' the most up to date version of a OS. Then again, WinPE Service Centre Diagnostics dont really change anything do they.

Good to hear we will at least get SC8 with the WinPE disk. I assume the team is trying to rush to get it out before the right to redistribute gets 'yanked'.  It also sounds like we should have access to it soon in the upgrade cycle (I got SC7.9)

That leaves one last question tho.  Any thoughts on a good, easy to follow tutorial on HOW TO BUILD a WinPE tools disk?

Thomas

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Thomas,

Below is some info from one of our engineers that creates PE images:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9085 <-----
Download WAIK 2.1

Instructions for creating image:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709665%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

This is a link on creating a PE 2.0 image (we use 2.1) so is probably
the BEST option instead of 3.1
James_PCD