Author Topic: Sound Card Test Crashing  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Audrey Wessel

Hi, I bought the PC Doctor because my sound card is not working and I cannot figure out what is wrong with it. However, when I try to run the diagnostic test on my sound card, the PC Doctor crashes. Help?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
The first thing I would check is if the driver is installed and up-to-date, a corrupt or missing driver could cause the behavior you are describing. I would also like to ask if the sound card is built into the system or if it is an add-on card?
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Audrey Wessel

Well right. But that's why I paid $20 for this program. To tell me if the driver is corrupt or missing, and tell me how to fix it if so. Simply asking if a sound plays is not exactly the "diagnostic test" that PC Doctor led me to believe. Anyway, it is built into the system. It is a Realtec High Def sound card.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Unfortunately there isn't a lot to test when it comes to the sound card, and the only thing that really matters in the end is if it functions and outputs the sound that you expect. Our sound test is meant to simply give you a controlled environment to perform this sound test, and will help you to determine if any sound issues you may be experiencing could be hardware related. If the sound test works with our software but not in other circumstances, then it is likely that it is a software related problem.

As far as missing drivers, we do have that information available under the Performance tab. But unless the driver is causing the system to have Blue Screen errors, we won't be able to diagnose a corrupted driver (but I think the software crashing every time you run a sound test might be an indicator).

I will mention your thoughts on the audio test to the developers, but it is easier to work on the issue if you could describe exactly what it is you would like the software to test.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Kris
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:32:08 pm by Kris_PCD »
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.