Author Topic: Failed Tests  (Read 6519 times)

Offline zecuat

hi guys. MY linear seek test failed and i wonder how i can fix it. (i dnt have a clue what it is)

the code give was: CD523-5W and CD523-7W

Offline danr

• PC-Doctor, Inc.
Hi Zecuat,

The liner seek test is run on hard drives and optical drives. If you ran this test on an optical drive, you might just have bad media, and you should re-run the test with another CD or DVD.

Can you give us some system information so we know what kind of computer you are running, and also the kind of drive you are running the test on?

Offline zecuat

m using a PC windows XP media edition. I dn't knw much about computer and here are the things that i can see in the stickers on my PC. [830 Intel Pentium D Processor] [1.0GB  PC2-4200 DDR2, SDRAM memory] [250GB 7200RPM serial ATA Hard drive].

i run the test on the Lightscribe DVD+/- Writer/ CD-Writer.

will this failed test affect my PC or any of my games or internet usage?

Offline danr

• PC-Doctor, Inc.
The failed test just means that the drive had trouble finding tracks on the CD or DVD. It does not affect your computer or your games. Did you run the test because you were having trouble with your optical drive?

Try the test with a few different CD or DVD discs. If it passes, that means the original disc has problems, and your drive is probably fine. If the test fails no matter what disc you use, you might want to consider replacing the drive, but that depends on what you use the drive for. If the drive is still doing what you want it to, there's no hurry to replace it.

Offline zecuat

well the computer is doing fine for now... i was just concerned of the future effects of that failed test.. m glad to here that it is not that much of a worry..

thank you for your time.. i really appreciate it.