Author Topic: Alienware M17x R3 (Problems, VGA, Audio, Wireless...)  (Read 4213 times)

Offline MilesJT

Can anybody please help me solve these problems???

1.VGA GTX 580M 2GB (Current Driver 301.42)
When to go Dell Support Site for Driver Recommend, it keeps detecting 5 Video Drivers which all versions are older than the one I installed. When to to Intel Driver Update Utilities it says that GTX 580M is detected but this adapter is unknown or not support.
I uninstalled 301.42 and installed 269 from Dell site. But the same problem, Dell keeps show the same 5 drivers including the one I already installed 269. When go to Intel Driver Utilities, the same old thing happened. So I contacted NVIDIA, they told me to uninstalled their driver and first installed Intel HD Driver from Dell support site, but I can't install it because it says "This Computer does not meet the minimum requirement to installing this software".

The problems are:
- I can't play Start War the Force Unleash, it completely slowed but Batman is working find if disabled Direct X, it would go slow even enable Direct X as Normal.
- Sometime when starting the window, my resolution switched from 1920x1024 to 1024x768 and after it arrive to desktop, it go black out. It only show the screen if I Ctrl+Alt+Del. But it would be ok after restart.
- Sometime my pc is slow that I can't even play Angry Bird Space.

2.Audio (IDT HD Audio)
It working fine except Intel Utilities say my Audio Device is unknown or not support
which is bugged me big time. And Nvidia HD Audio is not detected

3.Wireles (Bigfoot Killer N-1103)
I can't connect to any wireless since the first time i got my laptop, after searching around for drivers, i managed to make the wireless work, but I didn't keep track of which driver I have installed though I do remember all the sites that I downloaded the driver from. After connected to a wireless for a long time than usual (First, I only connect test the wireless, since all the connections were successful, i disconnect it after a couple minutes) but one time that I play wireless for a very long time about 2 hours or so. I've got a blue screen caused by tcpip.sys I looked online for a solution of this and finally found it. after fix this problem, i restarted my computer it require me to run a troubleshooting for the problems, so I did and it found that DHCP was disabled and it enable Auto, after that, I can only access to one network. I can't access to other wireless network even own Wireless at home.

Problems are:
- Can only connecting to one wireless network.
- Can't connect to other networks at school, coffee shop, my own wireless...

Additional Problems:
- Can't resume window after Hibernate.
- Can't resume window after Sleep.

Anybody, please help me...

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Miles,

Unfortunately, I am only able to provide support for the use of PC-Doctor products.  All I can suggest is to post on Dell's Forums <<http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524.aspx>> and/or contact their customer support to assist with the issues you are having with your Alienware system.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"