Author Topic: Does PC Doctor for Windows supports External USB Devices?  (Read 5328 times)

Offline nino

Good day!

Anyone who could help me to have basis/facts/documents that will support my reports to my Company. I am an IT employee and needing to have documents that supports my reports that a PC Doctor for Windows can Run the functional testing of other External Devices like USB Mouse, USB Keyboard, USB Webcam, USB Optical Disc Drive and etc...

Thank you very much.

Offline Stephen

• PC-Doctor, Inc.
Nino,

Most of the PC-Doctor tests are independent of the device interface. In other words, the optical drive tests don't care if the drive is connected via IDE, SATA, USB, or 1394. The only thing those tests care about is to make sure the drive does what an optical drive is supposed to do (write to and read from all the media the drive claims to support). The same idea holds true for all the devices you mention. The fact that they may be connected via USB is of secondary importance.

We do have tests that are designed to look specifically at the interfaces (such as PCI, PCI Express, 1394, USB, etc.) to make sure the interfaces are behaving properly. In the case of USB, we even have a USB Ports test that allows you to confirm that the external ports are working by attaching devices to them.

You may want to download our Test List here: http://www.pc-doctor.com/files/test_lists/wintestlist.pdf.

Bottom line is: If the test shows up in the Test List, we can test the device even if it is connected via USB.

Let us know if you need more information.