Author Topic: PC Doctor removal  (Read 10567 times)

Offline banjulbell

Every day at the same time a small window opens with the message 'PC_Doctor Module has stopped working'
My machine if working fine otherwise - this is my only issue.

I do not remember installing this program.  It does not appear in the Control Panel list of Programs and Features.

So how can I uninstall?  Please don't waste time telling me how wonderful your system is and suggesting how to fix this error - it doesn't work for me and I just wish to be free of it.

Hopefully thanks for your help

Offline fwilson

banjulbell,

What is the make and model of your PC?

PC-Doctor is installed by many OEM's at the factory. It is a hardware diagnostic tool that is used by support and end users.  If I know what make and model the system is I will know how PC-Doctor is installed on that particular system.

I have seen cases where, when done as a preloaded by the manufacturer, it does not appear in the add remove program list.  Most often the easiest way around this is to download the newest version from your OEM and install it.  It will then appear in the add remove programs list and can be removed normally.

If you want to do it manually there will usually be a uninst.exe file in the application directory, running this will un-install the program.  What the application directory is named depends on your OEM.

-Fred

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:52:39 pm by fwilson »
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline banjulbell

This is a two year old Dell desktop, quadcore - Inspiron 530.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline fwilson

banjulbell,

On these older systems it is an integral part of Dell Support Center.  The only way to be rid of it completely is to remove Dell Support Center.  You could also try doing an update to Dell Support Center to see if it fixes the problem.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts