Author Topic: Pc Doctor Module is trying to access your webcam  (Read 3327 times)

Offline CarmeloLabadie

I was looking for answer to a message that has started popping up. The message reads "pc doctor module is trying to access your webcam" I decided to block it to protect my computer from illegal access by websites. I use my webcam for taking an occasional picture for my niece and nephews.

I have no clue why this message just started up and searches give an entry for every single word. I nor most other computer users do not have the time to look through 30,000 or more possible search findings. It is a direct question and not a collection of 9 individual words . [Abraham Lincoln just gave me 114,000,000 hits] !

I decided to only allow access to my webcam for my camera(my nieces and nephews enjoy an occasional photo). I have no reason to cam with anyone. Abe Lincoln would be interesting though. 

I am running Norton 360 Internet Security/Antivirus on Windows 10/I.E. 11. See attached screenshot about popup in question.

I have searched my computer Control Panel, Settings and googled it. I got 2,370,000 results and it is either a piece of malware or a useful request. I doubt it is malware though one never knows. I do know it is from Norton but the blue See Details does absolutely nothing.

Is this a security threat, malware or virus ? …. I hope I posted this in the correct forum!   

Thanks for your help !!

PCD_Christopher

Hello,

Toolbox attempts to access the webcam in order to run diagnostics to make sure the webcam works if you need to test it.

This is not malware and it is safe to allow access by PC-Doctor and Toolbox. Toolbox will never turn on you webcam unless you specifically choose to run diagnostics on the webcam.