Author Topic: Have PC Doctor Service Center 2000 Version 2.2 RET  (Read 4853 times)

Offline lalabugu

Its been on my drive for ever. Obviously. But I am curious whether or not it will still function / or is it even compatible with XP SP2?

The program seems to run as it used to on my old pc with ME. Also worked great with Longhorn too. Ran it last night and it ran just fine. Zipping through as usual.

But then it seems to hang on the CPU scan. ??? It just sat in that test for over 45 minutes. But it never errored out. I did however have to use the Project Manager to get it to shut down. The program never froze up, and never stated the lovely "NOT RESPONDING", but wouldnt unload when I tried from the program itself. Just kept "running" right along.

Any ideas or information would be appreciated. Especially about compatibility. If its gonna be an issue I guess I will just remove the program.  :'(But that would suck.Use to use it all the time previously.

Or maybe updating it would help. And if so, where do I get the updates to make it run? ;D

I know, :) a whole lotta questions. But any simple answer or thought would help. Thanks you all.

Offline Kim Seymour

Hi Lalabugu,
I highly encourage you to update to Service Center 6, as the build you have is _very_ old. In our transition from Service Center 5 to Service Center 6, we have made significant changes. I'll highlight a few of them:

.   64-bit support in Windows XP and Vista
.   Improvements that make the Windows Script Editor easier to use
.   Improved run-time and enumeration of components, especially in DOS
.   USB test status indicator device that can be used on headless units
or as a quick indicator of test status.
.   DOS diagnostics that can be booted from the included multi-purpose
USB device.
. More than 100 new and updated diagnostics in Windows and DOS

I understand you installed SC 2000 on your system, but one license can be run on as many computers as you'd like, one at a time. There is no installation requirement. Please give me a call at 1-866-289-7237.

Thanks,
Kim