Author Topic: Misconfigured - Multicore Test  (Read 9790 times)

Offline collinburnell

I am getting the massage ' Misconfigured' for the multicore test. Tried with (2) identical CPU's (IBM sent me a 2nd one to try). I started running test's because the system would occassionally freeze. This is the only issue PC Doctor found. I am seeing both 'processors' listed in the Device Manager but only one listed in the Task Manager.

Product: Lenovo ThinkCentre M55p 8811-W6S [change]
Operating system: Windows XP [change]
Original description: Based on 8811-CTO: IntelĀ® Core 2 Duo Processor E6700, 2GB, 160GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, PCI/PCIe Tower (4x5), ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256MB PCIe DVI-I, 48x32x48x16x CD-RW/DVD combo, Multi-Burner Plus 16x, Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet, Windows XP Professional

Offline jano

Hi Colin,

I just want to make sure; if you bring up the Task Manager and look at the tab "Performance", you can only see one graph in the box labelled "CPU Usage History"? Is that correct?

I also wonder if you booted into Windows XP and ran PC-Doctor 5 for Windows from there, or did you boot into Rescue and Recovery and ran PC-Doctor from there? The big difference is that even though Windows XP supports duo core CPUs, the version of WinPE that's in Rescue and Revovery does not. This means that you will always get the result misconfigured if you run the CPU multicore test from Rescue and Recovery on a Lenovo XP system because WinPE does not recognize the second core.

Thanks, jano     
And don't tell me there isn't one bit of difference between null and space, because that's exactly how much difference there is.   
              -- Larry Wall

Offline rgsteele

I'm having the same problem with a Lenovo ThinkCentre 8808-9DU. Both processors are listed in Device Manager but there is only one graph in the Task Manager. I haven't tried replacing the CPU as the system is at a remote office and the system is functioning well enough, but it would be good to know if there's a software fix or configuration change that could resolve the issue.

Offline rgsteele

After doing a little more research, I've determined that we deployed an image based on an incorrect HAL to this PC.

To determine if this is the problem on your computer, go into Device Manager and expand the Computer branch. If you see something other than ACPI Multiprocessor, it's likely the image you used was based on an incorrect HAL. You will probably need to do an in-place reinstallation of the OS to get the correct HAL installed. See the following KB articles for more info:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309283
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/