Author Topic: SMART Status Test result show Indeterminate when run application 'PC-Doctor 7.5'  (Read 7026 times)

Offline piachao

SMART Status Test result show "Indeterminate" when run application 'PC-Doctor 7.5'. It might be caused by 'PC-Doctor 7.5' doesn't support AMD chipset platform??????  :-[ 

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Piachao,

It is possible that Service Center 7.5 does not contain support for the controller on the test system.  We have confirmed that the SMART Status Test runs properly with AMD driver version 1.2.1.275, 11/11/2010.  We were able to replicate the same problem when using driver version 1.2.1.197, 4/7/2010.

I would suggest updating the controller driver to version 1.2.1.275, 11/11/2010, if the driver version on the system is older.

There have been several code changes made that will be included in a yet to be determined Service Center release.  These changes may possibly address the issue that you are seeing on the test system
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline Bond_Lin

Hi James_PCD,

I got the same fail result as Piachao. I have updated the AMD AHCI driver to v1.2.1.321.

Is there any possibility to update PCDR Service Center by patch?
Or only buy the new version, 7.9, and can fix this issue?

BTW, I use the PCDR 7.5 now.

Thanks in advance.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Bond_Lin,

Unfortunately Service Center does have the ability to patch at this time.  I will suggest, thought it may have already been suggested, that the ability to patch be looked into for a future release.
Depending on which kit you originally purchased (7.0 upgrade to 7.5 or 7.5) and when you purchased it, you may be eligible for an upgrade.  Please send me the following in a private message:
* Full name of purchaser
* Company name (if applicable)
* Email address (of where to send download)
* PO Number or Invoice Number of original purchase (if applicable)
* Telephone
* Physical Address
* Date of Purchase
Once I receive this information and verify your eligibility for the free upgrade, I will email you with a link and instructions for this upgrade. If you are not eligible for a free upgrade, your information will be forwarded to our sales department who will contact you regarding upgrade pricing.

As I stated in a previous post, the issue was verified using 7.5 and driver version 1.2.1.275 with the hardware we have in the lab.  Please keep in mind that the hardware we have in the lab and the hardware you are testing most likely have differences that we have not tested.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"