Author Topic: Service Center 9 upgrade question  (Read 2365 times)

Offline ESura

I followed the instructions for the upgrade (from SC8), created a new disc, and followed the USB dongle restore instructions. After restoring the USB dongle with the new version, I see a setup folder with a .zip folder, and inside the .zip there is a file pcdr.exe, but extracting the files and running that doesn't work.

My question is should I be able to access Service Center for Windows from the dongle now? Or does that only work if you actually have a Service Center 9 dongle?  Thanks in advance.

Eric

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi Eric,

You are correct that you need to have one of the new Service Center 9 dongles to run Windows and Bootable Diagnostics from the key. The reasons for this that the old USB devices didn't have the necessary throughput or the disk space to store or run Service Center Windows or the new Bootable Diagnostics.

That being said, the software should still run fine from the burned media, and the Service Center 8 dongle can still run the new version of DOS. Also, I have been informed that if you would like to purchase one of the new dongles, the sales team is currently offering special pricing to existing Service Center 8 customers. You can contact them via email at: sales@pc-doctor.com

Please let me know if you have other questions or issues.

Thank you,
Kris Templin
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline ESura

Thanks much for the quick response. Using the dongle for Windows was one of the reasons I upgraded, so I am glad to hear about possibly getting a new dongle at a special price, I'll definitely look into that. Thanks again.