Author Topic: PCI POST Card code 00  (Read 5412 times)

Offline Compuitincolo

Hi everyone it's nice to come back to the forum, I've been testing a desktop HP that powers on, hear noises on the Hard Drive but not showing anything on the screen.

The power supply is just fine (tested)

When inserting the PCI POST Card it remains on 00. Also just:
+12V lights red
-12V lights amber
+5V lights red
+3.3v lights red

I removed all of the memories RAM, rebooted and still the same what could be the cause?

Offline Colinf_PCD

Hi -

The first question I would ask is does the desktop have it's graphics integrated into the motherboard or is it a discrete card?

If it's a discrete card, try pulling that and using the onboard graphics to see if you are getting a video signal.  If it has onboard graphics, then try adding a discrete card and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Colin
Sleep is for people who can't handle coffee

Offline Compuitincolo

Well the thing is that POST remains on code 00 when turning the pc on
this motherboard doesn't have an integrated video card instead it came with a PCI video card. The pc is not even passing POST

Offline Colinf_PCD

It's been my experience that if a system is going to fail POST, the hard drive will not spin up which is why I went straight for the video card idea.

So I will take a step back and ask if yre you hearing any beeps when the system tries to POST?

Thanks,

Colin

Offline Compuitincolo

No sir no beeps or sounds at all. Just power supply spinning and noise on the Hard Drive alive.

Just in case I removed the pci video card to see if that would change something on the POST code but nothing still 00.

Offline Colinf_PCD

The last time I saw something like what you are describing was a motherboard that had a BIOS which been corrupted to the point where it would not even POST.

My suspicion would be that a motherboard replacement is most likely necessary.

Regards,

Colin

Offline Compuitincolo

that's what I thought. thank you very much!!