Author Topic: Storage devices - no devices are available in this category  (Read 3518 times)

Offline jad875

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I hope that someone can help me.  I purchased PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows yesterday (30 Nov 2013).  None of my drives are being seen by the application.  All worked well yesterday.  A regular diagnostic was performed.  Only had a message that the test, for one of the drives, was cancelled due to drive activity!

I have an HP Envy 700 Intel-i7, with Windows 8.1 - all updates are to date.  The storage device is a SanDisk with 3Tb disk space.

Is this a known problem? Are there updates available?   ???

Offline JoshK_PCD

Hello,

Firstly, sorry about the issue the software is experiencing.

A few questions: By drives, do you mean hard drives? Is the computer stock in terms of hardware, namely drives (if the answer to this question is "yes," ignore the subsequent questions)?  How many hard drives are installed? Are they/is it a rotational (conventional) hard drive(s) or SSD(s) (solid-state drive)?

Furthermore, after the Toolbox application has been closed, open up task manager by pressing ctrl + shift+ esc (all at once), then click the More Details button, then the Details tab. In here, check to see if any of these two processes are running: pcdrcui.exe or pcdrrealtime.p5x. If either of them are, click on the process then End task. An error message might be yielded which will allow you to force close the process if you follow the prompt.

Another possible fix would be to uninstall the program and reinstall it.

Hope this helps; let us know if you have any more issues.

Best,

Josh

Offline jad875

In response to your questions:

Yes, I mean hard drives as follows:

(1) Internal - SanDisk, c: drive, 1.79 TB - rotational (conventional)
(2) External - Seagate Backup, f: drive, 2.27 TB - rotational (conventional)
(3) Internal - ST2000DM001, d: drive (HP recovery drive) - rotational (conventional)

Note that I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, where the original parameters where already known - i.e. did not ask for the product key, and previous activities were known, e.g., the first hardware diagnostic was incomplete.  Still getting the problem!

Note: When I first installed the program all drives were recognised.  I then conducted a basic diagnostic, all worked fine except that c: drive could not be completed due to activity.  Since then the drives are not listed.

Also note that I got the version for the 64bit OS.

After the Toolbox application was closed, the task manager showed that the following are NOT running: pcdrcui.exe or pcdrrealtime.p5x.

Finally, and not too sure, it seems that the program also hangs my computer on a restart!  Uninstalled once again - system is working fine...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:52:03 pm by jad875 »

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi jad875,

First off allow me to apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, it sounds as if your issue isn't a simple one that I can answer on the forums.

If you are willing, I will be sending you a PM with some first steps to try and resolve this problem. If necessary, I will transition this to a support case so that we can insure that it gets the attention it deserves.

Thanks,
Kris Templin
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.
Reno, NV 89521
http://support.pc-doctor.com
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.