Author Topic: Software does nothing  (Read 4290 times)

Offline mlphillips

After installing Windows 8, my system notified me that the Lenovo Thinkvantage pre-installed pc-doctor functions don't work with the new operating system, and that I'd need to purchase pc-doctor for windows. I bought the product and downloaded it from the link that also had my License Name and Product Key email.

I have a nice looking icon on my system tray. I click on it, get your PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows "always on top" screen in the middle of my screen, which stays there for about 30 seconds, and then disappears. That's it. Right-clicking on the icon in my system tray says "PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows".

It's a nice icon and all, but not worth $20... I'm assuming it's supposed to do something else??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Unfortunately I do not know the cause of that issue.
However if you could please send us the log files for your software we can then drill down into the files and find what is causing your issue.

In order to obtain the information I need please follow these steps so that we can take a look at the basic program logs first:
  1. Open Run
     a. If not on the desktop, click the desktop icon
     b. Move the mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the desktop
     c. Right click to bring up menu options
     d. Click on the Run option
  2. Type "%programdata%" (Without the quotes)
  3. Right click on the "PCDr" folder
  4. Select "Send To"
  5. Select "Compressed(zipped) folder"
Once it has compressed the folder you can send it in to us via email, we will take a look at these files and attempt to find out why you are receiving this error.
Please let me know if the file is too large to email.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline mlphillips

where would you like me to send it? (I don't see your email address anywhere).

Marlene

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I will send you a pm with the email.

Thanks for your help.
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline AR

I am having a similar problem on my Lenovo Thinkpad T500, exactly same circumstances. (I am new to this forum and am not sure if i should be posting here)

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
So that everyone else stays informed on this issue.

We have found the cause of this particular issue to be FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard), it is a security protocol mainly used for some Corporate VPN's, US Government related systems, and those who are very security conscientious :-X.

I will let everyone know when we have some new information.

Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Tamjid Wafaa

All i get when I go to update system software, is the little bit in the begginning, and then from there on out all it says is

In case you could choose, Which installer would you prefer (EUMM or MB)?
What is this? It does this in both WHM , and the script to force perl installer.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Unfortunately from what you have posted here I am not entirely sure what the issue you are having is.

If you could please submit a support ticket, we will attempt to resolve your issue.
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.