Author Topic: Locked Out!  (Read 3668 times)

Offline daf44

In trying to make PC-Doctor for Window work in my laptop
(see:  PC-Doctor Toolbox in Windows 8: wrong warning? Thread),
I have uninstalled and re-installed PC-Doctor several times. I have also done the same with my anti-virus software.

But now I find that PC-Doctor has locked me out for 30 days!!!

What is this? I have a valid paid-for license and have installed it in one computer only as per the EULA.

Can someone at PC-Doctor help me on this? :(

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Sorry for the inconvenience, our software allows you to activate the software a total of 3 times before locking you out like this. It is put in place as a security precaution, but if you could message me with your last name I can find you and unlock it.

Just a cautionary note to others, we can see if you have activated our software with multiple computers and if we see abuse we will not unlock the software for you and you will have to wait for the lockout to expire.
You will need additional licenses per our EULA if you intend to have the software installed on multiple PCs concurrently.

(Also, do not give out your Product Key. The only information we need to find your order is ideally your email, however if you wish to be cautious we can also find it by your last name.)
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Thomas K

hmm, product key?

I dont remember having to use a product key for my SC7.9 .. is this something new?

I got the big package, with teh hardware tools, if that matters.

Thomas

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
This is regarding PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows, a consumer focused testing suite.

Service Center is focused on testing for multiple computer's, while Toolbox is only usable on one PC at a time and limited to the number of activations.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.