Author Topic: Memory Fault Test - Frozen  (Read 5901 times)

Offline silentGerry

I'm running diagnostics on a computer and every time it gets to the memory fault test it sits at "Please wait. Loading test..." and that's it, there's a little blinking dash on the last line. The keyboard is non responsive. I've tried re-seating the RAM (2 sticks) I've tried each stick individually in each slot. I have to PC doctors and have tried them both. Same results every single time. The HD has failed. Does this indicate that RAM is faulty? I'm trying to recommend a repair so I need to know exactly what's going on.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
If you don't mind, I would first like to ask a few questions to better understand the circumstances of the error.

• What version of Service Center are you using?
  • Are you testing in DOS, Windows, or PE?
You mention 2 sticks of memory.
  • What is the capacity and speed? (e.g. 2x 1GB DDR2800)
  • Also what HD tests are failing?

Thanks
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline silentGerry

-service center 7.5
-booting from the CD
-'HDD-1 Hi-Low Seek' 'HDD-1 Funnel Seek' 'HDD-1 Track To Seek' 'HDD-1 Random Seek'
-2gb 1rx8 pc3-10600s-9-10-b2 1333
 4gb 2rx8 pc3-10600s-09-11-f3 1333

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
From my perspective it could be one of two issues.

1. The system is having problems with the motherboard. Which would explain why you are seeing both a HDD failure and a failure to test the memory.
2. While I have been told that Service Center 7.5 DOS testing should be able to address >4gb of RAM, there have been more than a few updates to our software since it's release.

If you would be willing, I would like to test if the new version of Service Center has the same problem for you. If it does then that means the issue is somewhere on the system (either RAM or Motherboard like I suggested), if not then likely the issue was Service Center 7.5.

Please PM me your email address and I will send you an evaluation copy of Service Center 8.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.