Author Topic: French language ???  (Read 3164 times)

Offline sebastien

Hello

(sorry for my bad english.... I am just a little french boy...)

I have just buy the "PC-Doctor Center 6" directly from PC-Doctor, Inc / United States.
I received my pack and installed it. All is Ok. But only in English !
I understand that the product support 11 languages and in this languages there is the French.
I will like to use my product in French if it is possible.

I have already check my regional settings and all the options are in French FR.

I have also try to modify the config file on an installation like I saw it on this forum :
/////In Configuration/config.xml:
Code:
<!-- Language Setting. --> <Argument name="pcdrinc.language" value="">
On a guess I changed that to value="French"/////
In this case the product is not launching because it does not recognize the "Multipurpose USB Device".

Could you help me or tell to me what you think about that????

Thank you.

Offline fwilson

Sebastien,

You're almost there.  The language code for French is FR, they are all 2 digit codes.  This is the string you want;

<!-- Language Setting. --> <Argument name="pcdrinc.language" value="FR">

Put that in and you should be good to go. Thank you for purchasing our product and welcome to the PC-Doctor family. ;)

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline sebastien

Thank you for trying to help me.
But i have allready try the "FR".
And when I modify this string, the application is not launching and there is an error message about the locking device :
"PC-Doctor Service Center Product Locking
This product can only be run with the appropriate locking device. Please insert the USB multi-purpose device provided and restart the Service Center application."

The application runs ok with the USB device but only in english and not with some modifications of any files.
The protection by the USB device not allows me to modify the Config files...

So, could the application runs in French without modifications???? or not???? Is there others modifications to do for this????  Is it normal or no?????

This fact is not only real for French but for all other languges.
How can we use "PC-Doctor Service Center 6 (with USB device lock)" in an other language. The application descriptive says that it support 11 languages!! But how to do??????

Someone have an idea please?????

Thank you.

Offline fwilson

Sebastien,

My apologies, after re-reading your post I see that you are running Service Center 6.  I'm not quite sure how I missed that, but I did.  Service Center 6 is only available in English and Japanese.

The bundle product (a version of PC-Doctor included and installed by many PC manufacturers) is the only one available in 11 languages.  You stated in your original post; “The application descriptive says that it support 11 languages!! But how to do?”.  May I ask where you saw this?  I have looked over the documentation and do not see this anywhere.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts