Author Topic: HDD Test Question...  (Read 4647 times)

Offline ISUS Technology Services

Hello,

When running PCDR 6 from the flash drive, is there a way to have it NOT perform HDD tests on the flash drive itself?  This is a complete waste of time.
Thank you.

Offline fwilson

Yes, just de-select the test before running them by pressing the spacebar when the test is hilighted.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Hello,

As I said before - A complete waste of time.  Time is money.  Having to additionally de-deselect the HDD tests for disk 0 is pointless.  Can any of the overlay scripts in the PCDR.PDO be modified in such a way as not to perform ANY tests on drive 0 (The flash drive)?

thank you

Offline fwilson

ISUS Technology Services,

Yes they can.  You can set up a "session" with the tests and devices selected you want to run, save the PDO then rename and replace it in the zip file on the USB key.

-Fred

Thank you.

-Josh

Offline Tim2112

if I am running PC-Doc from a DOS command prompt calling a modified .ini file (versus using an overlay to define testing), is there a way to not test a USB boot drive along with the other fixed disks?  Or is using a .PDO overlay the only way?  I'd like to have a "universal" test.ini file to test on machines with varying #'s of hard drives, however as stated testing the USB boot drive is a waste of time.  In a lean-manufacturing environment every second counts and we'd like to streamline our diagnostic testing as much as possible...

Offline fwilson

Tim2112,

I see where you are going now.  I was looking at it from a Service Center, one off, system testing point of view.  You are using it in a factory type situation.

The short answer to your question is no, there is no way to remove a USB drive from being enumerated in the hard drive tests, at least in Service Center 6.  Service Center is designed for, well, Service Centers not Factory environments.  We have Factory and Network Factory products for that.

With a custom pcdr.ini and a PDO can get you some of the way there but not all the way.  It is fairly safe to assume that the USB Key will be enumerated as the 1st hard drive.  A PDO with all the 1st hard drive categories deselected and the rest selected would accomplish your goal of never testing the USB device but testing all other hard drives.

You bring up an interesting need, a “factory” type product for smaller lean-manufacturing environments. I will talk with the powers that be about this and see what can be done to fill this need.

-Fred