Author Topic: PC-Doctor finds Motherboard error . . . and there is none  (Read 2248 times)

Offline shantipur

I use Windows 10 on an iMac with a partitioned HD (Mac calls this service "Bootcamp," allowimng users to set up Windows and Mac systems on the same Mac computer. PC Doctor's tests tell me there's an issue with my motherboard; the checksum test (if I'm reading it right) identifies the issue as WCM01-6C8. I couldn't find documentation to identify the issue.

To find out if this is in fact a motherboard issue, I took the computer into a Mac store and had their hardware people run a test directly on the Intel hardware; their test indicated no problem with the motherboard.

The Mac store tech told me they think the error comes about because the processor is looking for something that isn't attached to the computer. I'm not sure about the accuracy of that, but at least Apple thinks the machine is good to go.

What should me next step be? If someone wants to look around and take control of my computer, I'm OK with that.

Offline PCD_Channing

Hello,

Which version of our product are you using when you are encountering this error? Would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of the error status as it is received?

Thanks,
Channing

Offline shantipur

It's Version 6.3.6554.49. And I'm including a screenshot of the PC Doctor motherboard test results.

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. I have seen a similar issue previously that was caused by a UEFI system BIOS that was being used on a specific system. I'm not sure that is the case here, however I'd like to gather some additional logs from Toolbox and examine them a bit further. If you could please perform the following:

We must first create a place for these logs to go:

1. Open Run
a. If not on the desktop, click the desktop icon
b. Move the mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the desktop
c. Right click to bring up menu options
d. Click on Run
2. Type "%programfiles%" (Including the % and without the quotes)
3. Open the "PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows" folder
4. Right click on an empty space and select "New" and then "Folder
5. Name the folder you created "logs" (without quotes)
(Leave this window open, we will have to come back to it)

Now that the 'logs' folder has been created follow the steps below to enable the debug logs:

1. Open a Command prompt as Admin (In the same location as Run)
2. Navigate to the installed directory (by typing "cd" followed by the location where PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows is installed. Make certain to put a space after "cd".)
(cd C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows)
3. Enter the command "pcdrcui.exe -enabledebuglogs" (without quotes)
(Note: Leave the Command Prompt open, we will need it later)

Once you have done this go ahead and run the diagnostic test that produces the WCM01-6C8 failure. This will create the logs that we need.

To prepare the logs that we just created to be sent to us:

1. Bring up the "PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows" window that we left open
2. Right click on the "logs" folder that we created
3. Select "Send To"
4. Select "Compressed(zipped) folder"
(Be sure to delete this folder after you are done)

Then please follow these steps to obtain the program logs:

1. Open Run (Same process as described previously)
2. Type "%programdata%" (Including the % and without the quotes)
3. Open the "PCDr" folder
4. Open the folder "6554"
5. Right click on the "logs" folder
6. Select "Send To"
7. Select "Compressed(zipped) folder"
(Please name the zipped file "programdata_logs.zip" to avoid confusion)

Once all of these folders have been compressed, you can send them in to us via email (support[at]pc-doctor.com) or upload them to the forum, size permitting. I will take a look at these files and attempt to find out why this issue is occurring.

Once that is done we can go ahead and disable the logs:

1. Go back to the Command Prompt that we had used earlier
2. Enter the command "pcdrcui.exe -disabledebuglogs" (without quotes)

I will await the logs and look forward to working toward a resolution.

Thanks,
Channing