Author Topic: CD/DVD Test Media  (Read 3756 times)

Offline emac173

I am new to Pc-Doctor, and not sure how to use the CD/DVD Test Media that came with the kit...
My question is: Which specific test are they to be used with?  Thanks !

Offline fwilson

emac173,

The test media is for use with the optical drive tests (CD or DVD).  The test media is designed to test all the functions of an optical disk.  There is DVD and CD test media included.

It is not required to use this media, any valid media for the type of drive under test will work however, as I said before the test media is specifically designed to provide complete coverage.

Thanks for being a customer.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline robertl

I'm having trouble following this and I have the same question.

How is this intergrated into the test scheme of 7.5? Optical test as part of the scrip in 7.5 appear to pass all the time with the disgnostic CD in the drive. It's never asked for the "CD Test Media" or the "DVD Test Media"

Can someone extrapolate on this?

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Robert,

Are you running from CD?  If so, then it will only test the CD currently in the driver.  If you perform a full install or a quick install and run you will be able to select the various types of media to test against.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline robertl

I'm running the quick install. Nothing is prompting me for the CD or DVD Test Media. I am prompted however for a blank CD or DVD media only fr the write test.