Author Topic: How to schedule PC-Doctor 5.1.4748.24 to run all tests weekly  (Read 5313 times)

Offline szp0ts

I know how to schedule the PC Doctor 5 executable to run weekly.  However, I want it to run all of the tests without user input.  How can I do this.  PC-Doctor used to do this but I upgraded and now I have to run it manually and each test separately.

Thank you very much--

Offline fwilson

szp0ts,

What OEM machine and build are you running?  They are all a little bit different.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline szp0ts

Thank you very much for your more than timely response.  I have an HP Pavilion Elite m9300t and am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  I had to do a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit as several of my applications would not run after I upgraded from Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1.  Therefore, I lost the PC-Doctor that originally came with my PC-Doctor.  I manually opened the HP recovery disk 1, went to apps, and then went to the PC-Doctor directory.  I was able to reinstall PC-Doctor on my system and it works perfectly fine when I run it manually and recognizes all of the hardware on my system.  If I add a device, such as another DVD drive, it picks it up.  I have all of the "scripts" that came with PC-Doctor.  There is a script "System-HP" and "System" but they are exactly the same.  I also have a configuration file, pcdr with , that launches pcdr5cuiw32 and has a diagnostics section that lists all diagnostics that used to be performed automatically.

I am not sure if previously, prior to my clean install, PC-Doctor was in task scheduler to run once a week or if some other mechanism was running it with the switch set to perform all tests.

Thank you very much--

Offline fwilson

szp0ts,

On HP's, inside of PC-Doctor, you can go into scheduled maintenance and choose the frequency and time you want PCDR to run.  This could also be done from the Windows Task Scheduler but inside of PC-Doctor is easier.

-Fred

Offline szp0ts

I am not sure where to access the scheduled maintenance "inside" PC-Doctor.  I just executed pcdr5ciw32.exe and I did not see it.  Which PC-Doctor executable should I run to get access to set up the scheduled maintenance?

Thank you very much--

Offline fwilson

szp0ts,

It is usually accessible under Alerts on the landing page.

I installed this build on a HP running Win7 in the QA lab and sure enough, it's not there.

I did notice your system does not list Windows 7 as a supported operating system.  4748.24 is a build from 2008 and is not supposed to run on windows 7.  This may be causing issues.

Please go to the HP support site and download the latest version of PC-Doctor that will support Win7.  We can not distribute it directly to consumers.

-Fred
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:37:52 am by fwilson »