Author Topic: Using PC Doctor without a CD?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline ShaneTech

Greetings

We are using PC Dcotor: Service Centre 8 in order to diagnose and print out reports.
We have a customer who has brought in a laptop that doesn't have a CD drive. Our external CD drive has gone faulty and we need to diagnose this machine whilst we await clearance to purchase a new external CD drive (which could be a long time...).

Are there any ways around this issue? Obviously we can't run tests with just the USB stick and vica-versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
It sounds like the only immediate solution would be to boot into Service Center DOS from the USB device, but I understand that DOS may not always have the tests you need. You may need to disable UEFI and/or Secure Boot on some newer systems, but let me know if you run into any issues.

I would also like to mention, that our new Service Center 9 USB devices have had a hardware update in order to contain all the necessary files to run Service Center. That may be worth considering in the future if you often find yourself in this situation. Contact our sales department if you would like see how much an upgrade would cost: Contact Us

Please let me know if you have any questions or additional issues.

Thank you,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.