Author Topic: Instable system  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Barney

Hi,
I recently downloaded pc-doctor to try to solve instability problems. In the last few days my pc started to shot down unexpectedly and often had blue screen. Safe mode with internet is fine. Sometimes I'm able to manage to start pc-doctor and run the hardware test but its always shout down on the middle of the test (at various stages)and have no useful information regards the system. In safe mode I cannot open the software. Is there any way to use it with unstable system?

Thanks,

Barney     

Offline Barney

Update; Now I cant open it in normal mode. It says error 4 your system configuration changed too many times. I reinstalled, but the same issue remains.   

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Well, I was able to take care of that pesky lockout due to the configuration change. It looks like our system saw something in your system configuration that didn't quite match what was expected (maybe when you tried to use it in safe mode?), but looking closely I could see that it was still the same computer.

As for your initial problem, I'm afraid that PC-Doctor Toolbox doesn't offer any sort of diagnostics outside of the Windows OS. Given the problem you are describing though, I would take a look at one of three possible causes:

• Your computer may be overheating and causing the system to cut power to avoid damage to the CPU and motherboard. A good place to start is just by checking your case for dust, and making sure that it is getting adequate airflow (do the fans work, are the vents blocked by carpet, etc.).
  • Bad RAM could cause your computer to crash like you are describing, and it will usually create a blue screen message as well. Check the Performance tab for any information about the Blue Screen event.
  • If your Windows install has become damaged or corrupted, you could also see this sort of behavior. Unfortunately, the only way to reliably test this is to reinstall Windows and see if the problem continues.

Given the fact that you are able to successfully run in Safe Mode, I would probably lean more towards a corrupted Windows OS. I'm sorry that I can't offer more help, but I hope you are able to find the problem.

Please let me know if you have any other problems with our software.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Barney

Thanks for the help! I actually had fan issue in the past so there is a possibility. And I also reinstalled windows few times in the past due technical issues (although with different symptoms), so its logical to investigate if no hardwer problems found. Thanks again, I will update on the progress.

regards,

Barney