Author Topic: PCDR6 test defect is 32Byte but PCDR5.7 is 12Byte  (Read 6718 times)

Offline sunvention

Dear Dr. Blip,
   I am a user for PC-Doctor 6.0. now I met one question  when use PC-Doctor 6.0 to test ODD AD-7585H. In PC-Doctor for windows, test CD-R, DVD+R, DVD+R(DL) and DVD+RW all fail. But use PC-Doctor 5.7 can all Pass.  And I check the ODD vender, and they help debug this issue. We found the cause fail is PC-Doctor 5.7 test commond defect is 12Byte but PC-Doctor 6.0 is 32Byte. Could you help check why PC-Doctor will change this spec? And If met this question, have any Idea for this? Thanks your reply.

Offline fwilson

sunvention,

I'm not sure I understand you question fully. 

Please give me the following information;
The build numbers for each of the programs in question (current is 7.0.4789.14)
The system Brand and Model.

-Fred   
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline sunvention

Dear fwilson,
  PC-Doctor version for pcdr6 is 6.0.4674.01 and pcdr5.7 is 5.1.4755.11. Computer is Lenovo Y450. OS is Vista SP1.

Offline fwilson

sunvention,

6.0.4674.01 is Service Center 6. It was designed to work across a broad range of systems and is over 2 years old.  It is not suprising it does not understand the Y450 optical drives.

5.1.4755.11. Is a Lenovo ThinkPad specific build designed to work with the ThinkPad systems.

Service Center 6 was released in early 2007 and the Y450 is new hardware.  Service Center 7 has been out for almost a year. You should look into upgrading your package to keep pace with the new gear.

If ThinkPad’s are your focus, free versions of both the DOS and Windows products are available from Lenovo directly. 

-Fred

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:53:04 am by fwilson »

Offline sunvention

Dear Wilson,
    May I know How I can upgrate to PC-doctor service center 7 from PC-doctor service center 6. If I need to re-purchase new software?

Offline fwilson

sunvention,

Please call sales at 1-866-289-7237, they will be able to assist you. There are liberal discounts when upgrading PC-Doctor. The sales crew will be able to work out your options with you.

-Fred