Author Topic: latest problem:bootmgr is missing-press ctrl+alt+delete to restart  (Read 2123 times)

Offline ynotaznetop

black screen message above is latest failure.my pc was infected with FAKE:Microsoft Security Essentials Alert.i used antimalwarebytes and superantispyware to scan and remove threats.there were hundreds.no success is removing fake alert.i ran full scans 3 times without success.message said unable to remove certain items.finally my desktop would not show so i ran all self tests and diagnostics .my last coherent message referred to a problem with windows.now i cant even get a blue screen to come up at power on.my setup is vista hp.i have a system recovery disc but no windows disc.do i need a service center or can i get help on this or other forums?

Offline fwilson

ynotaznetop,

This forum is for help running the PC-Doctor suite of products, not general computer assistance.

All of that being said the HP recovery CD will install windows and put your system back to a factory fresh state.  All your data will be gone though.  If your data is important mount the hard drive into another system and back the data up to a safe place.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts