General Category > Ask Our Experts

Hardware Diagnostic card codes?

<< < (2/2)

HighTech:
Many thanks the 3.3V LED shows 3.9 Volts when I cycle along, do you think this is outwith normal parameters?

I have sent an email to ASRock support to see what they can make of it all.

Thanks again for your support.

HighTech:
Sorted!
It was the clearCMOS jumper.
The jumper cap has to be placed on pins 1 & 2 & voila it boots.

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m502/weewards/ASRock%20Error%2005%20cause%20Mobile_zpspsixf6ep.jpg

Kris_PCD:
I'm glad to hear that you were able to figure it out, and sorry again that I couldn't provide a more immediate solution.

As for the 3.3V registering 3.9V instead; it is higher than expected, and it is difficult to say what issues it could create (but nothing good). I would recommend checking the power supply first, and see if the output on the 3.3V rail is reporting correctly. If the power supply tests as good, then you could have an issue with the motherboard not routing the power as expected.

My understanding is that the 3.3V rail has a margin of error of 5% (3.465 - 3.135) for normal operation. In my experience, anything above or below that can cause problems with the computer ranging from crashes to fried components.

Good luck fixing the system, and please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version