Author Topic: Testing dead computers  (Read 2692 times)

Offline pc-tech

Hi,

I have ordered PC-Doctor 7.5 and currently waiting to receive it through mail. I just want to know if I can use PC-Doctor on dead computers. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Offline fwilson

pc-tech,

The POST card will report the POST code the system is hanging on, the power supply tester will test the Power supply output.  PC-Doctor for DOS will test systems that can not boot into windows.  PC-Doctor is however Software and if a system can not boot even DOS the diags will not run.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline pc-tech

Fred,

Thank You very much for replying and providing some answers to me. I really appreciate. As I noticed the PC Doctor 7.5 doesn't come with POST card, does it.

Offline fwilson

pc-tech,

Well, yes and no.  There are 2 Service Center kits regular and premier.  The Premier kit at 399.00 includes the POST cards (PCI and Mini PCI) the regular kit at $329.00 does not include the POST Cards.

Due to large demand the Post card kits are temporarily out of stock until the end of this month.

-Fred

Offline pc-tech

Do you sell PCI and Mini PCI cards ? I am considering to buy PCI and Mini PCI cards. If so, how much does it cost with PCI and Mini PCI combined.

Offline fwilson

pc-tech,

The Premier kit at $399.00 includes both, a PCI card for desktops and a mini PCI card for Laptops.  This is the normal Service Center kit we sell.

The $329.00 kit is a low cost kit that does not include any PCI cards and is priced at $329.00.

We are temporarily out of stock on the PCI Cards so they removed the Premier kit from the website (disabling the button and putting temporarily out of stock would have been a better choice in hindsite).

Please call the sales department at 1-866-289-7237.  They will put you on the list so you can get the Premier kit the moment we have the PCI cards in hand.

-Fred