Author Topic: This version of PC-Doctor 5 for Windows is not licensed to run on this system.  (Read 5097 times)

Offline moonwolf222

I have a HP Pavilion a1612n I purchased in Dec of 06. It came with PC Doctor 5 installed. It always worked before. I just recently went to open it and got "This version of PC-Doctor 5 for Windows is not licensed to run on this system" message. I tried to reinstall it using HP's application recovery tool, but got the same results. I have not changed the motherboard. I went to HP's web site, but couldn't find any answers there. What should I do?

Offline fwilson

moonwolf222,

Possible causes of this are Motherboard changes, you ruled that out, incomplete BIOS update / corruption or hard disk changes.

The most likely cause of your issue is the BIOS.  Please go to the HP site and download the latest BIOS for your machine (3.10) and install it.  Do this even if you already have 3.10 installed.

Once this is done you may need to use the application recovery tool again but you should be good to go.

Failing all of this please call HP technical support and request a link to download the latest version of PC-Doctor.  I checked on the support site and did not find such a link so it will have to be done manually.  We can not distribute the software directly to consumers it must be obtained from HP directly.

-Fred

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts