Author Topic: PC Doctor 8 results  (Read 3127 times)

Offline boblacomb

• me
I tried running the diagnostics cd and usb (service center 8)in a HP (Vista) that would only accept "local" network, not internet. because of the error, windows update was unable to run.
the question is: how are the diagnostic results related? (thru screen shots, etc...)

I am new to PC Doctor and the information available to me seems very limited.
RE LaComb

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi Boblacomb,

Our software will be able to test the network adapter, but the issue you are experiencing sounds like it may be a software related and not caused by hardware. I would suggest that you check your network configuration and DNS settings as a first step.

Regarding the use of Service Center, I would recommend taking a look at the documentation when you have some time. Documentation is available electronically in a number of ways:

1) CD - the documentation is located on the Diagnostics CD at D:\sc\bin\Documentation. (Change the D: as needed to access the CD)
  2) Within SC - Once Service Center for Windows is launched, the documentation is available under the help menu in the top menu bar.
  3) After install - the documentation is copied to the hard drive as part of the installation, e.g.:
  * c:\Program Files (x86)\PC-Doctor Service Center <version>\Documentation

The User Guide and Advanced User Guide should help you to better understand the available features of Service Center.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline myjohn

• Houston web design
Thanks Kris_PCD , I have the same problem too , and it was connected with my network configuration .

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
A quick Google search turned up some known issues with wireless connections that sound like what was reported by the original poster, and unfortunately our software can't diagnose software or Windows issues.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.