Author Topic: Cant find DellSupportCenter, Webcam Not working, unable to do full restore  (Read 4265 times)

Offline abundance1012

wanted to perform a complete system restore to factory state, however it can't locate for the process to begin.  My dell webcam does not work, and now my dell support center has disappeared.

I ran a system diagnostic report and it states:  Symptom:  - -  "A service reported as having an unexpected erro code". Cause: - - One or more services has failed.  THe service did not stop gracefully, suggesting the service may have crashed or one of its components stopped in an unsupportable way.  Details: - - Service exited with code not equal to 0 to 1077.  Resolution: - - restart the service. Related: Performance Diagnosis.

I thought that if I just could do a complete factory restore everything would be OK, but, It recently now says did not complete restore.  Its like something had gotten a hold of my computer and scrambled everything around.

Please anything you can do will be appreciated.  I have a dell computer with a Windows 7 64-bit operating system.

Respectfully Submitted.
abundance1012

Offline fwilson

abundance1012,

Generally speaking on newer Dell's the factory restore is accessed by pressing F8 immediately after the POST Screen.  You will be given an option to do a factory restore. CD's usually ship with systems also but everything you need should be on the recovery partition of the hard drive, accessible by the F8 method described above.

You can also go to http://support.dell.com and after entering your model number gain access to the latest drivers and utilities for your system including Dell support center and the PC-Doctor Diagnostics software.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts