Author Topic: Service Center 9.5 video fallback  (Read 1767 times)

Offline RobertG

We are trying to establish a burn-in process for the a Touch panel PC (Intel Atom processor).
The panel PC boots with the MUD (bootable diagnostics), displays the splash screen, goes blank for a few moments then displays a message (paraphrased) "Cannot configure display resolution .... try video fallback... reboot in 30 sec.." 
Bootable diagnostics with video fallback behaves similarly.
External VGA mode doesn't behave any differently.
The panel works with our Linux build installed and doesn't need any special driver (just what's available in the Linux repository).
Display is SVGA 800x600 LCD.

Any ideas?

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi Robert,

In order to run Bootable Diagnostics at a minimum the display must be capable of a 1024x768 resolution. Is there any way to connect another display that is capable of a higher resolution, or are you limited by the video card or configuration?

There are only a couple of immediate solutions that I can suggest if a separate display doesn't work:

1. Running Service Center for DOS on the system instead (less than ideal, but it does provide a capable alternate testing environment).

2. Modify the boot command from the selection screen during boot up (either by pressing "Tab" or the "e" key for legacy or UEFI respectively), Replace the "quiet splash" option with "video=1024x768@60" and press 'Enter'.

Option 2 may not work with a display that is locked at 800x600, but I would still recommend giving it a try anyway.

Please let me know the results of your attempts and if you have any other questions or issues.

Offline RobertG

Thank you - The DOS mode will work for our application.
BTW-DOS mode did not initially work. I was getting an error that the USB wasn't writable.  I ran the update yesterday to get to 10.0 and now it works.  I may have reset the BIOS settings to "Optimized" between 9.5 and 10.0 though.