Author Topic: No power on after installing pci diagnostic card  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Cyber-Tek

Hello
I double checked that i put the card in correct position, and on two computers
The pcs no more power on after i installed the pci diagnostic card. I can put sound card in pci slots and everything is fine, but with pci diag i am unable to power on the computers.
I am sure that diag is in correct position. I found out that if i put the card after i power on the pc then everything is fine and the card working fine.
So what is blocking pcs from power on?

Best regards!

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I am unable to say for certain why your PCI POST Card is causing your system to not power on. I will say one thing, if you had plugged or unplugged the card from a system while it was running in the past then it may have shorted out.

If you could please submit a support ticket I will see what options are available for us to replace your POST Card.

Please submit your ticket here:
http://www.pcdservicecenter.com/support.php

Edit:
It was brought to my attention that I should have suggested you try changing the PCI Card to passive mode. This can be accomplished by changing switch number 2 on the card. More information about active and passive mode can be found in the Quick Start Guide included with Service Center.

Please try this before submitting the support ticket I had mentioned.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:53:25 pm by Kris_PCD »
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Cyber-Tek

Ok
I have some findings...
The card is working in my Gigabyte 790XTA but it is not working in Asus P5KPL and Asus P5GC but i am almost sure that it was working in that boards, before!
And according to that 2 Asus boards i need to cut off power, then remove the diag then connect power and after that i can run the computer so the mobo is stuck after i insert the diag and i need to cut the power to unstack the mobo.

I reprogrammed bios but no changes.

I also tried another option
I connect the PCIe to PCI adapter to the PCIe port, then i connect the diag to the PCI port in that adapter and everything is the same, no power on, mobo get stuck.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I haven't heard of any issues with those Asus boards, but I would be curious to know if the system works fine with any other PCI cards. If the issue isn't limited to our POST card then I'm afraid your boards could be starting to go.

If you could please let me know if those systems have any issues with other PCI or PCI-e cards.
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Cyber-Tek

I was just about to make a movie to show You my problem and now i am feeling like an idiot because suddenly the diag started to work properly again. I have no idea what was the problem but now everything seems to be ok in all mobos.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
That is unusual, I wish we could have determined the cause but I am happy to hear that everything is working again.
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.