Author Topic: HP Mobos  (Read 2681 times)

Offline rhrtech

Hello,

I am having a tough time with HP's. I run the quick test and it shows no error on Pegatron and other HP motherboards. However, I know something is wrong because it wont detect the hard drives, or any drives. I changed the drives, and still the same issue. When nothing is plugged in, the system boots up fine. On another HP, I did the quick tests and everything came out fine. However, the system stalls on BIOS code 33 every other boot.

Any ideas?

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello rhrtech,

I have a few questions to ask, so that I can better understand the issue you are experiencing:

I am having a tough time with HP's. I run the quick test and it shows no error on Pegatron and other HP motherboards.
[jb] What is the name and version of the pc-doctor product that you are using to test the systems?

However, I know something is wrong because it wont detect the hard drives, or any drives. I changed the drives, and still the same issue.
[jb] You have systems where the drives (HDD and/or ODD) are not displayed in a PC-Doctor product? Are the drives in question displayed in the BIOS?

When nothing is plugged in, the system boots up fine. On another HP, I did the quick tests and everything came out fine. However, the system stalls on BIOS code 33 every other boot.
[jb] You indicated that when nothing is plugged in the system boots up fine, what where you referring to as "plugged in"

You indicated a BIOS code of 33 being displayed.  We do not manage BIOS codes, as they are managed and updated by the manufacturers.  We recommend using BIOSCentral <http://www.bioscentral.com/> to look up the vendor specific codes.

jbpcdr
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline rhrtech

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

PC-Doctor 7.5

Sometimes displayed in BIOS, sometimes not. PC Doctor displayed it and I was able to run HD test, but it froze up on me. Ran the same test on a different computer (using the same hard drive and it was fine)

No SATA connections (hd, disk drive)

Thanks

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
This is definitely not the drive, as you indicated, so I would suggest checking for an updated BIOS as well is BIOS central, as I previously posted. 

Is there a BIOS update available for the system that has the drive "sometimes displayed" in its BIOS?  If SC 7.5 was able to see it, run tests and froze. I would think that this is the result of the BIOS losing the drive again. 

If you happen to find a BIOS update which allows the drives to remain in the BIOS and SC 7.5 continues to lock up, that could be a problem in the software that we would like to look into addressing in a future release.

jbpcdr
James_PCD

Offline rhrtech

Hello,

The BIOS is updated. The weird thing is I had 2 HP's (same model, same board) with the exact same problem.  I had to replace the board on both pc's.

Thanks!

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Did the BIOS update address the issue for you then?
James_PCD