Author Topic: USB drive not working  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Mr Anderson

Today i tried using my usb pen (MUD) and it failed ,The light comes on and flashes did a restore of the pen and nothing happened.
So how do i correct the problem.
 :'(

Offline fwilson

Mr Anderson,

Do you have a solid red light on it?  Usually if a restore works the MUD is OK and is communicating properly.  Some machine just can't boot from USB or require you to change the BIOS settings.  You can also try booting from the CD and locking to the USB Key.

The MUDs can fail so it may be time to get a replacement.  First try it in a machine you know it has worked in the past on.  If it still does not work contact tech support and they will arrange getting you a replacement. 

The most efficient procedure is to fill out a tech support form requesting an RMA.  Once we determine it is bad a RMA number will be issues. Then you ship back the broken one and when we receive it we ship out the new one.

Here is a link to the tech suppoer form;
http://www.pc-doctor.com/support.php

Please fill it out, make mention that you posted on the forums and we'll get you going again as soon as possible.

-Fred

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline Mr Anderson

I think i have sorted the pen just replaced the memory card all seen to be working fine.
Can i ask what files should be on the drive or are all the files replaced when i do a restore i have two folders 1 file.

Offline fwilson

Mr Anderson,

All files are replaced when you do a restore.  There is an image of the USB key contained in the windows product.  The full image is restored during the process putting the MUD back to the factory fresh state.

-Fred

Offline Mr Anderson

Sorry for the late reply.
Yep i'm backup and running cheers.

Offline fwilson

Mr Anderson,

Glad to hear it.

-Fred